by Penny M. Hagerman
With the tough economy we’re all facing, most of us need help cutting costs wherever possible—and requesting insurance quotes is one of the best ways to save as much as 30 to 40 percent off online car premiums.
For those who’ve never explored this avenue to cheaper insurance rates, don’t let confusion keep you from getting insured. It simply takes a small investment of time and information to get cheap rates online and protect yourself on the road. Let InsureMe help you get those quotes quickly and easily!
Setting Goals & Getting Informed
Before requesting online car insurance quotes, it’s important to know what you’re aiming for and how you intend to get there. To achieve this, we suggest setting goals for finding the right insurance quotes and keeping them at the forefront while shopping online.
Use these as a guide:
- Get the most car coverage for the lowest quotes
- Find a financially strong company with a positive reputation
- Find an insurer that’s friendly, helpful and responsive
With these goals in mind, the next options are to speak with an agent on the phone or in person, or to converse by email. The preferred method of interaction often depends on age. Younger adults tend to like dealing with car agents and getting quotes online, while middle-aged and senior citizens often prefer face-to-face interaction.
Regardless how shopper and agent interact, before speaking with local car agents and requesting quotes, it’s important to know what kind of car coverage is available online—and how much of each type is required in the state of residence. To get this information, visit the appropriate state department of insurance to cover all the bases. This preventative measure helps protect the car, driver, passengers and household finances following accidents involving claims.
5 Steps to Online Car Insurance Quotes
Once goals have been set and information gathered, online car insurance quotes can be collected within a matter of hours. By entering some basic information, multiple car insurance companies with the right types of policies and quotes can connect with consumers searching online. Some would say it’s a match made in heaven!
With quotes in hand, take these steps to getting the right coverage online.
- Step #1: Compare car policies side by side. Look at the types of coverage provided and the cost of each from one insurer to another. Consider individual needs and determine if anything is lacking.
- Step #2: Compare car quotes and premiums. Remember the first goal, getting the most coverage for the lowest premium, and rate all quotes in relation to the others and overall premium cost.
- Step #3: Compare online car insurance carriers. Using state insurance department records and independent rating companies found online, examine each carrier’s reputation, licensing, complaint ratio and customer service record.
- Step #4: Compare car insurance discounts. Each insurer offers its own car discounts, so compare the discounts applied from one company to another and determine the amount that can be saved with each policy. If one insurer offers better coverage but not as many discounts, ask if additional discounts can be applied.
- Step #5: Choose the insurance policy that best achieves the goals initially set.
Get Protected Affordably
Don’t let confusion or lack of knowledge keep needed insurance at arm’s length. Instead, set goals, get informed and compare quotes online. It’ll keep everyone protected—affordably.