Experts agree that taking charge of one’s own health and wellness improves the chance for a long, healthy life. And for men, buying a good men’s health insurance policy and seeing a doctor regularly is the best way to take control in these areas, no matter who you are.
Since the state of men’s health affects everyone around them, it is extremely important that men get—and stay—insured.
Often the primary breadwinner in their households, men’s families depend on them to provide the resources necessary for daily survival.
Living Better and Longer
As they age, men face increased risk of disorders such as heart disease, high blood pressure, prostate and testicular problems and the like. But by taking care of their bodies and staying in touch with their health care provider, these problems don’t have to overwhelm them.
Men can improve the quality and length of their lives by:
- Eating a varied diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat foods
- Limiting cholesterol intake and avoiding saturated fats
- Exercising regularly: at least 20 minutes, 3 times per week
- Protecting themselves from the sun
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Drinking plenty of water: at least eight 8-ounce glasses per day
- Drinking in moderation: no more than two drinks per day
- Avoiding smoking and secondhand smoke
- Getting regular checkups
- Knowing their family histories and talking to their doctors about the inherent risks associated with them
- Getting a baseline PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) test when they reach 40, and monitoring it periodically with their doctor
- Practicing safe sex
- Protecting themselves with seatbelts when riding in cars and helmets when riding on motorcycles or bicycles
- Managing stress
- Seeking medical help when needed
The amount men pay for health insurance is determined partially by their state of health and habits at the time they apply for health coverage. By following these tips for healthy living, men can live longer, thrive, and pay less for health insurance coverage—and that’s welcome relief come retirement time!
If you’re looking for health insurance, or you need to cover that special man in your life, consider using InsureMe. We have health insurance agents in our network that can help you find the right policy.
Don’t risk living without health insurance. Take action today, and enjoy life and health tomorrow!